Masonic Cancer Center, University of Minnesota
Researcher 3 (Job ID 336260)
A Researcher 3 position is available in the laboratory of Dr. Irina Stepanov in the Masonic Cancer Center, University of Minnesota. The position is to assist in analytical work for studies of harmful exposures, metabolism, and related health outcomes in various populations (approximately 50% of total effort). In addition, this position will be responsible for common operations related to various ongoing NIH-funded projects in the research group, such as managing a repository of various biological samples from different projects, assisting in maintaining an inventory of quality control samples and analytical standards; and assisting in the coordination of sample processing and analysis for various collaborative projects (approximately 50% of total effort). Training and supervision of undergraduate students and interns in relevant procedures are also expected.
- Masters’ degree in chemistry biochemistry or related field, or Bachelor’s degree and 3 years of relevant professional experience;
- Experience with biomarker analyses in biological samples, such as urine or blood;
- Experience with analytical chemistry methods, such as chromatography coupled with mass spectrometry, UV, or other detectors;
- Good project management and organizational skills;
- Ability to focus on routine procedures, attention to detail.
- Experience with managing biorepositories;
- Experience with handling and troubleshooting laboratory equipment;
- Experience with regulatory processes and quality assurance;
- Teaching/mentoring experience;
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
Application link: https://hr.myu.umn.edu/jobs/ext/336260
With questions contact Dr. Irina Stepanov at firstname.lastname@example.org